Advantages of Brandmaier LCD displays
Detailed information about the various products can be found on the following pages and in our brochure.
Information about LCD technology
LCD displays are passive displays in which the light transmission is switched by applied voltage in defined partial areas.
There are no moving parts and there is no aging effect dependent on the duty cycle and switching operation of the segments. Since the displays do not emit their own light but use the ambient light, liquid crystal displays offer the advantage of very low-power control. The LCD modules are characterized by very low installation depth.
The shape, position and size of the individual controllable segments are determined by the layout of the liquid crystal cell specific to the application.
We can supply the following two variants of LCD modules:
|reflective||Controlled segments become visible through incident light|
|transflective||Controlled segments become translucent and visible by artificial backlighting or by reflection of the incident light.The transmitted light of the backlighting is thereby effective with less strong incident light to darkness.|
Our glasses in the patented LTN technology (Low Twist Nematic) are tensionless bright and provide extremely high contrast displays with the following advantages:
- true black/white display
- no change of the background color at oblique viewing angles, different temperatures as well as changing ambient brightnesses
- our patented LTN_ technology for better contrast, significantly higher brightness and lower backlight energy consumption
- LCD glasses optically coupled to the front panel additionally increase brightness and contrast
- extremely efficient and energy-saving LED backlighting
- suitable for solar powered displays